A simple salad that’s packed with flavor!
- Prep Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- Quarter wedge of one large watermelon
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- Arugula/Spinach Mix
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- siracha or harissa
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1. Dice the wedge of watermelon into 1/2 inch cubes; set half aside for the salad and blend the other half completely; set aside
- 2. Heat an iron skillet over medium/high and crisp pancetta (quantity doesn't matter...but I always say you can't have too much!).
- 3. Once the pancetta is crispy, take it out of the skillet and set aside. Coat the walnuts in a tsp of olive oil, tsp of cayenne, tablespoon of brown sugar and toast in pancetta fat over medium/high heat for just a few minutes. Turn heat off and toss in the pancetta and mix it all together.
- 4. For the vinaigrette, mix together the blended watermelon, juice of one lemon, 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard, 1 tsp of sriracha or harissa, salt and pepper. Once blended, slowly add about 1/4 cup of olive oil (this can vary depending on how thick/thin you want your dressing).
- 5. To build the salad, put a handful of arugula/spinach mix on the bottom of the plate, top with watermelon, walnut/pancetta mix, crumbled feta, and drizzle with dressing!
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : salad
Always looking for a fun way to cook, Rebecca Combs is a foodie that knows how to spice up something ordinary to be the hit of any gathering.Read more about this chef..