Two great drinks…one tasty dessert!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Corona Beer
- 2 1/2 sticks butter; divided
- 1 box (16 oz) Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Tequila
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- Sea Salt for garnish
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy
- 3. Add the eggs and beat after each one. Then add the vanilla
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the milk and beer Now...since you're not going to use the entire beer in the recipe...I suggest drinking the rest ;)
- 5. Then combine the beer and flour mixture into the butter mixture. Alternate between the beer and flour mixtures beginning and ending with the flour mixture....does that make any sense?
- 6. Pour the batter into a 9x13" pan and bake at 375 for about 25 minutes
- 7. For the frosting:
- 8. Make sure the butter is at room temperature (or just microwave it for about 30 seconds) and beat until fluffy
- 9. Now, I suggest adding half of the powdered sugar and beat until incorporated. Then, beat in the tequila. After that, beat in the rest of the powdered sugar, lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla. You can always add more of everything! I think I ended up using about 1/2 a cup of Tequila in the end..
- 10. Once the brownies are cooled, pour the frosting on top and garnish with sea salt and lime zest!
Always looking for a fun way to cook, Rebecca Combs is a foodie that knows how to spice up something ordinary to be the hit of any gathering.Read more about this chef..